Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change is Here...

I can't even write one of my lengthy posts today because I am speechless. Really truly at a loss for words.

I can say thought, that I am happy.

I am happy and I am proud. Proud to be Black. Proud to be an American. Proud that Barack Hussein Obama, a black man with a funny name is this Black woman with a funny name's President. I am moved almost to tears, most definitely beyond words at the weight of this occasion.

It's simply beautiful.

It's beautiful that Black folks in this country finally can see themselves reflected back it's face.

I am speechless.

I sit here, searching for words to describe exactly what it is i feel, because that is what I do, I paint my thoughts, my feelings, my ideas, inklings and notions with words.

Right now I can't even do that.

This lack of words symbolizes just how joyous this occasion is for me.

...

1 comment:

Little Miss Knobody said...

Words fail all of us in a moment as great as this...Smiles and tears pretty much tell it all